Job Title: Senior/Scientist, Discovery Biology
Job Number: 30600
Location: Watertown, MA
Exo Therapeutics seeks a highly motivated biologist with a background in cell-based assay development and driving the biology of targets in the internal drug discovery portfolio. This position will be an integral part of the biology group and will help drive the drug discovery programs forward. You will work across therapeutic functions with a primary focus in oncology to discover and develop innovative therapeutics in the oncology space.
The individual in this role will be responsible for designing and execution of cell-based assays and mechanism of action studies to help drive the programs. The scientist will be expected to extend our existing technical expertise to enhance and accelerate research. We are keen to identify someone who is a self-starter and proactive and who can work independently and effectively.
- Design and execution of cell-based assays for various targets in the drug discovery portfolio
- Drive the biology of target/s and become an expert in understanding the function of small molecules in various cellular models
- Coordination of assays locally and/or with the CRO partners, data analysis and presentation of results to the internal and external teams
- Collaborate with colleagues within other functions in the organization to devise optimal drug discovery strategies
- Develop disease relevant cellular models for validating the target biology
- Work with the internal team to identify and validate new targets for entry into the portfolio
- Work closely with the drug discovery teams to meet the timelines
- Present data within the company and to external partners in various formats
- PhD with 0-2 years of experience in cell biology or related discipline with a strong publication record.
- Experience with target engagement, functional and phenotypic assays to characterize small molecule function in various different cancer cell models is preferred.
- Strong understanding of cancer cell signaling pathways
- Experience with gene modulation techniques in cell-based studies (RNAi, CRISPR, cDNA overexpression, etc.)
- Expertise in cell-based assay development based on target function, experience in flow cytometry-based assays is a plus
- Experience in utilizing genomics-based technologies, including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq etc. to understand mechanism of action is highly preferred
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively present scientific data at team meetings
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a member of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All fully qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the US at the time of application will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, as protected under law.