Job Title: Senior Sales Representative – Charlottesville, VA
Job Number: 32949
Location: Charlottesville, VA
As Senior Sales Representative, you will own all aspects of the sales process, from generating new leads, to driving revenue through both existing and new accounts. Motivated to solve customer problems with new technology, the successful representative will have strong prospecting skills, a technical orientation, and proven success in complex solution sales. You will also play a leading role alongside product and market management, helping develop the sales strategy for new product launches.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and be prepared to tackle a broad set of challenges as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity for rapid career advancement in a fast-growing small company.
- The top priority is to develop and close new business and grow the sale pipeline by identifying and validating new prospects in targeted markets.
- Work with marketing and product management to develop a sales strategy for new product launches.
- Meet or exceed the yearly sales quota for the company.
- Provide effective sales calls, presentations, seminars, and meetings.
- Accurately provide forecasting and pipeline development on a monthly basis.
- Develop and submit a monthly plan of action.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and sales literature.
- Utilize and maintain CRM tools (HubSpot).
- Willingness to travel to customer locations.
- Minimum 5 years of capital sales experience, preferably in the analytical tools industry, with demonstrated success.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in the life sciences.
- Experience in a variety of markets (pharma, chemical, academic) is a plus.
- Experience with new product launches is a plus.
- Experience with recurring revenue sales is a plus.
- Experience with social media and prospecting tools is a plus.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Willingness to take ownership of results.
- Ability to maintain a home office to effectively support sales efforts.
- Ability to travel routinely.