Job Title: Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
Job Number: 33001
Location: Boston, MA
We are seeking a resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-driven Scientist with diverse skills and experience in molecular and cell biology, who can work in a fast-paced biotech startup environment. This is a hands-on laboratory position in which the Scientist will independently perform experiments to evaluate mRNA constructs using a broad range of biological assays with the goal of developing mRNA-based therapeutics suitable for treating cancer and preventing infectious disease. Experience in molecular biology and cell biology is required. The position will report to the Director of Biology and Platform Development.
The Scientist is expected to work hands-on with the team at various stages of projects. Major
responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain, subculture, and transfect mammalian cell culture and primary human cells
- Develop and perform various biological assays to answer critical scientific questions and advance the discovery and preclinical development programs, such as prepare protein samples and run western blot, purify RNAs from cells and run RT-PCR, quantify analytes using ELISA, quantify protein expression using fluorescence microscopy, dsRNA quantification using Dot-Blot, analyzing nucleic acid sequences, etc.
- Actively participate in the writing and validation of the company’s Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs)
- Assist with the design of new mRNA constructs
- Assist with in vivo POC experiments (establish study design, interaction with CRO, review reports, etc.)
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with the safety regulation and complete required trainings
- Actively contribute to a focused, team-oriented atmosphere helping colleagues as needed
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, or related science
- 0-2 years’ experience in biotech industry or related field
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture and biological assays (RT-PCR, Western Blot, RNA/DNA purification, gel electrophoresis, ELISA)
- Experience working with BSL2 agents (cancer cell lines, etc.)
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, communication (oral/written) skills and ability to work in a quickly changing startup environment
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.