Job Title: Postdoctoral research fellow
Job Number: 65419
Location: Boston, US
Dr. Zhixun Dou laboratory in Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School is looking for postdoctoral research fellows. The laboratory investigates the biology of aging and aims to develop new strategies to suppress aging and cancer. Research topics in the laboratory include nuclear autophagy, chromatin and epigenetics, immunology and inflammation, and infectious diseases, in the broad scenarios of aging and cancer. Examples of our studies include:
· Xu C, … Dou Z*, Berger SL* (co-corresponding). SIRT1 is downregulated by autophagy in senescence and aging. Nature Cell Biology. 2020.
· Vizioli MG, … Dou Z*, Adams PD* (co-corresponding). Mitochondria-to-nucleus retrograde signaling drives formation of cytoplasmic chromatin and inflammation in senescence. Genes Dev. 2020.
· Dou Z, et al. Cytoplasmic chromatin triggers inflammation in senescence and cancer. Nature. 2017.
· Dou Z, et al. Autophagy mediates degradation of nuclear lamina. Nature. 2015.
· Wang Y, … Dou Z*. Nuclear autophagy interactome unveils WSTF as a constitutive nuclear inhibitor of inflammation. bioRxiv. 2022.
The laboratory is part of Center for Regenerative Medicine at MGH and Harvard. Boston offers unique opportunities for scientific growth and interactions in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
Successful candidates should have a Ph.D. or M.D. degree in the field of biology or medicine, and are expected to demonstrate a track record of research achievements and have excellent communication skills. Please contact Dr. Dou with a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references. Visit zdoulab.org for more details.
Application Deadline: 2024-03-08