Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Computational Biology
Job Number: 68811
Location: Bethesda, US
Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Computational Biology at the National Cancer Institute
A full-time postdoctoral fellow position in Computational Biology is currently available with Dr. Xin Wei Wang, Deputy Director of Center for Cancer Research (CCR), Deputy Chief of CCR Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, Co-Director of CCR Liver Cancer Program at National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD.
About the Lab
Wang lab focuses on functional genomics of liver cancer using genome-scale technologies including single cell analyses paired with several national/international collaborative initiatives and clinical studies. Dr. Wang oversees a basic/translational research program emphasizing new molecular approaches to define tumor subtypes and identify biomarkers for early detection, diagnosis, prognosis and prediction, to delineate the molecular mechanisms of liver cancer with applications towards precision medicine. Select publications include: Budhu et al Cell Reports Medicine, 2023; Ma et al Nature Communications, 2022; Liu et al, Cell 182, 317-28, 2020, Ma et al, Cancer Cell 36: 418-30, 2019; Chaisaingmongkol et al, Cancer Cell 32: 57-70, 2017; Ji et al, N Engl J Med 361: 1437-47, 2009; Dang et al, Cancer Cell 32: 101-14, 2017; Ye et al, Cancer Cell 30: 444-48, 2016; Ye et al, Nature Medicine 9: 416-23, 2003. The group is well-funded, and the fellow will have opportunities to conduct cutting-edge cancer research with plenty of interactions with top-notch research groups at the NIH.
- Stable funding
- Exciting research that spans cancer biology, mathematical modeling, and translational science with the goal of improving early detection and therapeutics for cancer.
- Applying cutting-edge technologies including single-cell sequencing and spatial sequencing to profiling patient derived tumor samples.
- Well-paid fellowship stipend plus benefits.
- Various collaboration opportunities
- Interaction opportunities with exceptional basic scientists, computational biologists, and clinicians at NIH.
- Numerous opportunities for exposure at NIH and international conferences.
- The NIH Intramural Research Program is the largest biomedical research institution in the world, with 1,200 Principal Investigators and over 4,000 Postdoctoral Fellows conducting basic, translational, and clinical research.
More information can be found at https://ccr.cancer.gov/staff-directory/xin-wei-wang
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and meet the following qualifications:
- A Ph.D. in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or other related disciplines.
- Programming skills in R, Python are preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- A strong record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience in cancer biology is an additional asset.
Interested individuals should send 1) a cover letter, 2) a current CV, 3) contact information for three references, 4) when/for how long you want to join Wang lab to Dr. Lichun Ma at [Please click the Apply button for the link or email]
DHHS, NIH and NCI are equal opportunity employers. The NCI and CCR are deeply committed to diversity of thought, equity and inclusion and encourage applications from qualified women, underrepresented minorities and individuals with disabilities.
Application Deadline: 2023-12-31