Job Title: Team Lead, Medicinal Chemistry
Job Number: 31300
Location: Colorado, MA
What You Will Do:
- Lead a team of internal chemists on the design and synthesis of drug like molecules to progress a project from lead optimization to IND submission.
- Lead your team from the bench, function as a synthetic organic chemistry expert by solving problems and mentoring junior members of the chemistry team.
- Contribute to the design of targets for external resources.
- Collaborate with structural biology, computational chemistry and medicinal chemists using structure-based drug design to conceive targeted compounds.
- Progress your project by supporting in vitro and in vivo experiments through close interactions with your biology co-leader.
- Provide data updates and project progress to senior staff and the research organization.
- Contribute to target identification as part of the new targets committee.
What You Bring:
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry and a minimum of 5 years industrial experience or MS/BS + 10 years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of small molecule drug discovery principles and concepts.
- Have experience managing other medicinal chemists.
- Reputation as emerging leader in the field with a record of sustained performance and accomplishment.