Job Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Number: 23860
Location: Boston, MA
We are building a platform for introducing the latest sensing technology to minimally invasive surgery, intended to visualize the invisible to facilitate better surgical decisions and outcomes. As part of the R&D team, you will be responsible for designing and prototyping novel real-time minimally invasive medical imaging and sensing technologies and algorithms for tissue characterization and segmentation, taking inspiration from non-medical fields.
- MS or PhD in relevant engineering or scientific discipline, such as Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Familiarity with techniques for processing low signal-to-noise data
- Experience developing real-time imaging or sensing systems
- Ability to conceptualize and rapidly prototype novel sensing solutions (acquisition and processing)
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and collaborate closely with a cross-functional team to achieve goals
- Experience with 2D and 3D medical imaging techniques
- Experience with in-vivo data collection and analysis