Job Title: Staff Associate I in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Job Number: 67263
Location: New York, US
The Department of Microbiology & Immunology is searching for a Staff Associate I (Core Facility Manager) to assist scientific staff and manage the operations of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology Core facility. The Staff Associate’s responsibilities will be to:
- Manages the Core Facilities by providing routine maintenance of instrumentation, troubleshooting, technical expertise, and operational assistance to Scientific Staff.
- Assists in experimental design and flow cytometry and microscopy experiments.
- Provides training to staff on data analysis and instrument operation.
- Works with the Finance Office to prepare monthly billing for fees for all core facility equipment.
- Clear and prompt communications to users regarding facility issues
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Most work will be conducted during regular business hours; however, due to the nature of this research, some flexibility is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related STEM field plus.
- Knowledge of FACS software, instrumentation, and maintenance.
- Understanding of basic scientific methods.
- Must have expertise in good laboratory practices and bio-safety procedures for BSL2 and BSL3 laboratories.
- 4-6 years of related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Pay Transparency Disclosure
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Application Deadline: 2024-04-04