Job Title: Sr. Scientist, Platform Chemistry
Job Number: 23320
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join our chemistry platform team. The individual should have expertise in troubleshooting synthetic methodology and designing safe and scalable synthetic routes.
- Expand internal chemistry capability, develop and optimize novel synthetic methodologies for stapled peptides.
- Scientifically lead the experimental design to develop an efficient and quality synthesis of custom amino acids and as well as API to support IND-enabling studies
- Develop methodology to enhance efficiency and throughput of reactions to produce next-generation cell-penetrating mini proteins.
- Collaborate with analytical scientists to develop phase appropriate analytical methods, impurity isolation and identification.
- Work collaboratively and communicate with other teams to ensure optimal coordination and efficiency across R&D.
- Program and operate instrumentation such as automated parallel peptide synthesizers, HPLCs, and an analytical LC/MS.
- Liaise with CROs and manage external projects to obtain compounds critical to achievement of corporate goals.
- Ensure that the chemistry team completes day-to-day tasks professionally and safely.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 5+ years of industry based synthetic chemistry experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting-edge chiral synthetic methodology and catalysis.
- Strong track-record of bringing innovative solutions to solve chemistry problems.
- Capacity to execute tasks independently to achieve company goals on an established timeline.
- Excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills.
- Enthusiastic and adaptive to work in a dynamic research environment.