Job Title: Sr. Scientist, Oligonucleotide Characterization
Job Number: 32464
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an outstanding scientist to develop oligonucleotide characterization and QC processes. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Process Development, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, and QC. Candidates must have a strong analytical chemistry background with experience in HPLC, mass spectrometry and UV/Vis for the characterization of oligonucleotides. The candidate will also be proficient at interpreting mass spectrometry results and handling large datasets. Individuals applying for this position must be creative, passionate, detail-oriented self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced environment. In addition, successful candidates will be flexible in changing direction and approaches, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization, and provide immediate contribution.
- Developing and implementing QC methods to assess the suitability, stability, and functionality of a range of oligonucleotides
- HPLC and high resolution mass spectrometry method development for oligonucleotide characterization
- Using 96/384 channel electronic pipettes and liquid handling robotics to develop QC sampling workflows
- Establishing processes for managing and tracking large sample sets
- Interpreting analytical data and streamlining the analysis and reporting of large datasets
- Developing QC methods for incoming raw materials
- Reporting results through documentation and presentations to internal groups
- Overseeing the installation and verification of equipment and transfer of QC methods to manufacturing
- Verifying that the manufactured product output meets all predetermined requirements
- PhD. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of academic or industrial hands-on experience in oligonucleotide characterization
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of mass spectrometry equipment and the use of mass analysis software
- The ability to write custom macros in Excel for streamlining the reporting of results.
- Exceptionally strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design and execute on meaningful experiments and perform in-depth analyses of the resultant data.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and written and oral communication skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization with the ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.