Job Title: Sr. Scientist, New Target Biochemistry
Job Number: 23472
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a motivated PhD Scientist to be an integral member of our De Novo Discovery group, responsible for applying our powerful helix discovery platforms to discover novel inhibitors of undruggable proteins. She/he is a team player, with a passion for scientific research and drug discovery and development. The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of protein production, biochemistry, and biochemical assays, and be enthusiastic, hard-working, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment.
- Conduct detailed literature research on the biochemistry and cellular function of undruggable protein targets.
- Express and purify recombinant proteins (and/or supervise outsourced protein production) and label proteins for screens and assays
- Develop and run biochemical and biophysical assays to evaluate the target engagement, binding site, and inhibitory mechanisms of newly discovered hits.
- Collaborate with other team members to screen protein targets and discover novel helical binders using our De Novo Discovery platform.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Biology or related field.
- 2-3 years of industry research experience.
- A strong background in protein biochemistry, including in-depth understanding of protein-protein interactions, enzyme kinetics, and mechanism-of-action studies. Familiarity with interpretation of protein structural models is a plus.
- Experience with E3 ligase biochemistry, production, and assays is a significant plus.
- Experience expressing protein in E. coli or mammalian cells and purification of recombinant proteins with affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography.
- Experience with biochemical and biophysical assays/techniques (DSF, DSC, SPR/Biacore, ITC, Fluorescence Polarization or Alpha Screen).
- Experience with peptide chemistry, chemical biology, directed evolution and display screening, and/or proteomics is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a personality of risk-taking, positivity, leadership, adaptability, adventurousness, and excitement to build a pioneering company and work in a dynamic, goal- and performance-oriented team environment.