Job Title: Sr./Scientist, Genomics
Job Number: 32346
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Combine expertise in molecular biology, nucleic acid chemistry, and virology techniques to help build an efficient pathway to support vector design/construction for producing virus
- Isolate biological materials, (DNA, RNA, and protein) from tissues and cell lines as well as the cataloging and management of resources using a relational computer database.
- Work in a dynamic background team to contribute to the development of DNA copy number, RNA expression
- Evaluate and integrate new emerging technologies in genomics
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records
- Keep current on scientific and technical literature and attend relevant scientific meetings in order to apply new technologies and/or scientific principles.
- Comply with the federal and local lab regulatory requirements
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in Molecular/Cell Biology, Immunology, Genetics, Genomics, Biochemistry or a related field with at least 5 years of extensive genomics experience in an academic or industry setting;
- Strong molecular biology/NGS background, must understand genomics, molecular biology, and technologies such as qPCR and next-generation sequencing
- Experience working with relevant genomic databases and browsers and their annotations
- A deep understanding of molecular biology and biochemical techniques relevant to assay development
- Candidates with substantial experience in cell culture, nucleic acid extractions, qPCR, DNA sequencing, immunoassays, or flow cytometry are preferred
- Experience in tissue culture, cell maintenance type work, as well as cell proliferation assays, is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a particular emphasis on clear documentation of experiments and studies are essential, as is a willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of software tools and databases for genomic interpretation and visualization.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records, Lead in quality control management.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
Apply for job
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.