Job Title: Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology
Job Number: 24564
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Senior Scientist with drug discovery experience in cell and molecular biology to join our growing Biology team. This individual will lead the design and execution of cell-based assays to move new targets from early discovery to hit-to-lead optimization. This candidate will work with our program lead to bring expertise in shRNA/CRIPSR design and cell engineering to the group. This position will also explore mechanism of action, therapeutic strategies, and pharmacodynamic responses in preclinical models. This role will be a vital member of the team helping us to identify and develop novel CPMP-based therapeutics for cancer and other diseases with unmet medical needs.
- Impact biology strategy aimed at validating therapeutic targets and generating foundational data to support therapeutic indications for key compounds.
- Contribute creatively and strategically to in vitro assay design, optimization and derive actionable biological conclusions and new experimental proposals.
- Develop cell-based screening assays using NanoBit, NanoBret or HiBit and drive the drug discovery process.
- Analysis of compound effects on cells using immunoblot, immunoflurorescence, immunoprecipition, and ELISA.
- Develop and excute cell-based assays to evaluate drug activity and mechanism; using tool compounds or genetic approaches (shRNA/CRISPR).
- Collaborate across functional teams and serve as key representative from oncology biology; accurately record, analyze, and present data to team and company leadership.
- Coordinate with external collaborators and CRO’s to support our research goals
- B.S., M.S., in a related field with 10+ years; Or Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, or related field with 3+ years of industry experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficient in experimental design, execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, and data presentation
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Strong expertise in cancer cell biology, drug discovery approaches and cell-based assays.
- Strength in designing and performing experiments to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds.
- Experience with NanoBit, NanoBret assay design and cell engineering.
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology (e.g. cell culture, transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, real-time PCR and ELISA) is necessary. ChIP, siRNA/shRNA a plus.
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.