Job Title: Sr. Scientist, Cancer Biology
Job Number: 24222
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Senior Scientist with drug discovery experience in cell and molecular biology to join our growing Biology team. This individual will lead the design and execution of cell-based assays to move new targets from early discovery to hit-to-lead optimization, including guiding decision making for molecules moving into in-vivo studies. This position will also explore mechanism of action, therapeutic strategies, and pharmacodynamic responses in preclinical models. This role will be a vital member of the team helping us to identify and develop novel CPMP-based therapeutics for cancer and other diseases with unmet medical needs.
- Develop cell-based assays for high and medium throughput screens and drive the drug discovery process
- Develop and execute on strategies to evaluate drug activity and mechanism; using tool compounds or genetic approaches (shRNA/CRISPR)
- Collaborate across functional teams and serve as key representative from oncology biology; accurately record, analyze, and present data to team and company leadership
- Supervise the work of research associate scientist(s) executing work plans designed by the candidate. The extent of supervisory responsibilities will depend on the candidate's experience and demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Coordinate with external collaborators and CRO’s to support our research goals
- B.S., M.S., in a related field with 10+ years; Or Ph.D. in cell biology, biochemistry, or related field with 3+ years of industry experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficient in experimental design, execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, and data presentation
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Strong expertise in cancer cell biology, drug discovery approaches and cell-based assays.
- Strength in designing and performing experiments to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds.
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts.
- Experience in Western blotting, real-time PCR, immunoprecipitation, ChIP, siRNA/shRNA a plus
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.