Job Title: Sr. Scientist – AAV Engineering, Workflow Development
Job Number: 24974
Location: Cambridge, MA
In coordination with scientific leadership, you would play a central role in designing and implementing Dyno’s pipeline. This role will involve exploring the most effective means of nucleic acid purification, targeted enrichment, sample analysis, high-throughput sequencing, and measuring neutralizing antibody evasion. Successfully meeting these challenges will require not only a broad range of molecular biology skills, independent thinking, and an aptitude for troubleshooting, but also a strong, creative drive to develop new assays as the need arises. Your work in this role would be in collaboration with scientists and programmers throughout Dyno, learning and contributing to many aspects of our pipeline, including the iterative design and production of next-gen AAV libraries. You would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively optimizing solutions to ensure their success.
- Design and implement protocols for DNA/RNA purification from cells and tissues following in vivo AAV delivery
- Develop and apply target-sequence enrichment strategies
- Design and optimize ex vivo quality and quantification assays for DNA/RNA/protein analysis (RT-qPCR, blotting, etc.)
- Implement next-gen sequencing sample preparation procedures
- Share recommendations and insight for pipeline improvement toward higher-throughput and efficiency
- Collaborate with a diverse team of wet-lab scientists, protein engineers, and computational scientists
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Strong expertise in DNA/RNA purification and analysis protocols (qPCR, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Skilled in protein analysis methods – SDS-PAGE, Bradford, ELISA, Western blots (FLAG, HIS, HA)
- Knowledgeable in standard DNA cloning and modifying methods
- Skilled in sequence design and analysis software, e.g., BLAST, Geneious, Benchling, etc.
- Strong collaborative, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to document, maintain, and share an organized account of lab work and results
- 2+ years post PhD experience
- Background in AAV research
- Well-versed in tissue/cell/nuclei dissociation, purification and analysis methods
- Mentoring and managing experience
- Experience with cell and tissue analysis – staining, FACS, cell-sorting, imaging, histology, microscopy, etc.