Job Title: Sr. Research Associate, Cancer Cell Biology
Job Number: 22221
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate with significant industry experience in drug discovery and an entrepreneurial spirit to join the Biology team. Our goal is to identify and develop novel CPMP-based therapeutics for cancer and other diseases with unmet medical needs.
- Develop and execute on strategies to evaluate drug activity and mechanism; design and execute experiments; accurately record, analyze, and present data to team and company leadership
- Develop assays and identify technologies to address key questions and drive the drug discovery process
- Collaborate across functional teams to efficiently identify drug candidates and move them to the clinic
- Coordinate with external collaborators and CRO’s to support our research goals
- B.S. or M.S. in cell biology, biochemistry, or related field with 3-5 years of industry experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Strong expertise in cancer cell biology, drug discovery approaches and cell-based assays.
- Strength in designing and performing experiments to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds.
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts.
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.