Stealth NewCo Gene Editing & Delivery
Job Title: Sr / Principal Scientist – Gene Delivery Technologies
Job Number: 31070
Location: Boston, MA
This role will support our extensive drug discovery platform across the early drug discovery. The role will be responsible for generation and characterization of our gene delivery particles to advance hypothesis-driven science and technology development. The candidate will work together with cross-functional teams leading in vitro generation of gene delivery particles to support therapeutic discovery efforts, and spearhead the discovery projects as well as support research needs within the organization. This role would report to the Director of Therapeutic Strategy Discovery and the right candidate would have the opportunity to lead a team making direct impact to developing and validating our revolutionary gene delivery platform.
- Lead VLP production, purification, and functional validation.
- Develop new methods for gene and gene editing payload delivery for different cell types in vitro and in vivo.
- Adapt and develop new assay as the project scope and complexity increases.
- Perform in vitro PoC assays for gene delivery technologies.
- Propose new research directions and lead discovery projects.
- Deliver reproducible results under ambitious timelines, by generating and analyzing data, preparing technical reports and protocols.
- Analyze and present the data at internal meetings and represent the company at external conferences, seminars and workshops.
- PhD in Virology, Immunology, Cell Biology or related field with >3 years of experience (industry preferred).
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with cloning, generation, and purification of viral vectors (lentivirus, AAV, or VLP).
- Experience with methods like gradient ultracentrifugation or TFF is a plus.
- Experience with cell biology and molecular biology techniques for gene and protein expression including RNA/DNA purification, PCR, qRT-PCR, ddPCR Western blot, fluorescent microscopy or flow cytometry (not all required).
- Experience in development of viral and non-viral assays for cell therapy or gene therapy products.
- Practical knowledge of gene editing technologies is a plus.
- Previous exposure to additional gene delivery methodologies (e.g. LNPs) would be a bonus.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced work environment, attention to detail and results-oriented mindset.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across multiple teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. Valuing respect, curiosity and inclusivity is required.