Job Title: Sr. Director/VP Finance – Controller (Part-time)
Job Number: 25372
Location: 128 Spring St Lexington, MA
This is a 6-12 month contract role.
We are seeking a highly skilled, entrepreneurial Finance professional to lead our early stage biopharmaceutical company. In this position, you will direct and oversee financial reporting and all financial operations of our company. You must be a visionary director who is passionate about bringing innovative biopharmaceutical therapeutics to market while leading the company to financial success. The controller will lead the finance operations, financial planning and lead the company to a successful outcome for investors.
- Develop and enforce policies and internal controls.
- Lead financial review for partners and investors and financial audits
- Identify risks within the company and problem solve to find solutions.
- Uphold company business laws and ethics
- Direct financial analysis and reporting, including but not limited to monthly balance sheet, income statement and cash flows.
- Ensure all financial reporting obligations to outside investors are met timely.
- Analyze and synthesize performance metrics and operating data to monitor performance of the business.
- Serve as financial advisor to the CEO and Executive Team. Serve as an advisor from the financial perspective on capital spending, evaluate capital lease proposals and any corporate contracts.
- Work closely with lenders, auditors and additional third parties including health benefit and commercial insurance firms.
- Oversee information technology planning, implementation, purchasing and security of the corporation’s information systems, specifically accounting and payroll systems.
- Direct vendor management function, activities, policies and strategies.
- Direct risk management activities, contracts and policies.
- Perform oversight of cash management, borrowing and investment strategies and activities
- Ideal candidate brings 10-12 years of experience as a senior financial executive, has worked in the pharmaceutical industry, and has skills in financial planning, auditing, and budgeting.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to clearly and effectively communicate to a broad range of audiences including investors, Board members, scientists and non-scientists.
- Collaborative and servant leader management style. Excellent board and employee management skills.
- Visionary able to make key decisions that will benefit the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, biology or related field, MBA and/or CPA required.