Job Title: Sr. Director, Chemistry
Job Number: 34354
Location: Indianapolis, IN
As the Sr. Director of Chemistry, you will play a key role in the design, synthesis, and characterization of various peptides and chemical compounds. As the lead chemist at the company the Sr. Director of Chemistry will build and lead all efforts in chemical design and synthesis working collaboratively in Indianapolis, IN. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative and fast-paced research environment, contributing to the development of a new wave of therapeutics.
Drug Design and Synthesis:
- Design and synthesize peptides / compounds with the potential for therapeutic applications in metabolic diseases.
- Plan and implement various modification schemas to optimize the peptides for future clinical application.
- Develop project timelines, in collaboration with the broader scientific team and ensure the key chemical synthesis milestones are achieved.
- Lead IP strategy and patent application filings in collaboration with operations and corporate counsel.
- Utilize analytical techniques, such as NMR, mass spectrometry, and chromatography, for the characterization of synthesized compounds.
- Ensure the purity, identity and biophysical properties of compounds meet the required standards for optimal therapeutic application.
In Vitro Assays and Screening:
- Develop and perform in vitro assays to assess the biological activity and efficacy of synthesized compounds.
- Collaborate with pharmacologists and cell biologists to conduct screening experiments.
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results, and contribute to decision-making regarding compound design and progression.
- Collaborate with contracted computational chemists for various structure-activity relationship (SAR) analysis exercises.
Collaboration with Interdisciplinary Teams:
- Lead and manage all projects; developing project plans and ensuring all timelines are on track.
- Communicate effectively to ensure alignment with project goals and timelines.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed and organized laboratory records, documenting experimental procedures, observations, and results.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal reports, publications, and regulatory documentation for key pre-clinical and clinical filings.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or a related field.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in drug design, synthesis, and compound characterization in metabolic diseases.
- Hands-on experience in leading projects from target ID to DC with a strong understanding of reaction mechanisms and principles.
- Knowledge of metabolic pathways and their relevance to therapeutic targets.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot synthetic challenges.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and time-management skills.
This job description is a general guideline and may be adjusted based on the specific needs and focus areas of the company.