Job Title: Sr. Applications Scientist – Charlottesville, VA
Job Number: 33681
Location: Charlottesville, VA
We are seeking an experienced Applications Scientist who will support the product development and production of our first-in-class Molecular Rotational Resonance (MRR) platform. This individual must demonstrate a strong track record of developing electrical systems, RF/Microwave circuits and PCBA designs to support our new MRR instrument product launches.
As a Senior Applications Scientist, you will launch your career by quickly becoming an expert in a powerful analytical technique in a rapidly growing small company. The Applications Scientist is responsible for scientific activities related to commercializing products including educating customers, running samples, and aiding the sales process. Success in the coming years will lead to the potential to be a leading expert in MRR technology and a subject matter expert in the adoption of this exciting new technology in industry applications.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and be prepared to tackle a broad set of challenges as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity for rapid career advancement in a fast-growing small company.
- Support the sales process through multiple activities such as analyzing samples submitted by prospective customers, preparing and delivering reports of analysis results, and demonstrations of products and workflows to prospective customers.
- Produce technical documents and marketing materials that highlight new and innovative applications of BrightSpec’s MRR products.
- Support pre-sales activity through multiple activities such as joint sales visits and delivering technical presentations at customer sites.
- Assist in the post-installation support of new customers by providing appropriate training and application-specific method development transfer.
- Develop new applications for the Broadband and isoMRR products to be used for posters and presentations at technical conferences and marketing seminars.
- Maintain technical proficiency and knowledge of new technology through research and collaborations, providing feedback into product improvement or innovation.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Chemistry (candidates with a BS in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply)
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience in the lab within pharma, chemical, or consumer products, or related service organizations
- Well organized and task-oriented with ability to work independently or as part of a global team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills needed to interact with a wide variety of skill levels with customers and in-house personnel.