Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Number: 32027
Location: One Kendall Square Building 600-700 Suite 6-401 Cambridge, MA 02139
Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and creative Software Engineer to join our Data Science group and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. Reporting to the VP of Data Science, the successful candidate will have a strong background in software design, data integration, data visualization, and research app development and management. This role will be responsible for building out and scaling up our computational / machine learning analysis capabilities and creating an app ecosystem to help our scientists build the future of oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- Design and development (mixed individual contribution + lead) of the ecosystem of apps, computational tools, and scripts that span (and link) the technology platform developed by Korro Bio.
- Design and development (mixed individual contribution + lead) of end-to-end relational data structure tying together various data collected in the company, from the registry of oligonucleotides, all the way to formulations and experiments recorded with these compounds.
- Write tools to aid the effort to standardize data capturing across the organization. Create informatics tools to help with design of oligonucleotides that are described by standardized syntax such as HELM.
- Partnering with the IT group to build and manage a computational environment for ML and bioinformatics analyses carried out within the DS group.
- Working with bioinformaticians to automate bioinformatics/genomics analysis and data capturing, and relating data to designs, batches, formulations, and experiments.
- Working with the machine learning group to productionalize ML models and deploy them across apps used by various groups within the organization.
- Collaborate on project teams and clearly articulate to team members what the different apps/designs are, how they will advance goals, and what stage they are at in the discovery process.
- BS or advanced degree in CS (or a related technical/scientific field), including at least 5 years in an industrial setting
- Proficiency in the use of data science related programming languages such as Python or R
- Proficiency with on-prem as well as cloud (mostly AWS, optionally Google Cloud or Azure) Linux server setup and administration
- Proficiency with structured data manipulation; relational databases, SQL
- Ability to present concepts and data to varied audiences that help drive decision-making
Other Knowledge, Experience or Skills recommended:
- Optional experience with / working knowledge of biology and/or chemistry (in a drug discovery setting)
- Optional experience with ELN (such as Benchling), LIMS, or other related informatics platforms
- Ability to operate objectively and independently as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and communication skills to a variety of levels/teams- internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational, prioritization, and time management proficiencies.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.