Job Title: Senior Vice President, Legal
Job Number: 25670
Location: Cambridge, MA
Goldfinch Bio seeks a Senior Vice President (SVP), Head of Legal to join our team as a strategic partner and advisor on the full range of legal and business matters, including but not limited to corporate and commercial transactions, regulatory, compliance, IP, corporate governance, tax, and litigation. Reporting to and partnering with the CEO, the SVP, Head of Legal will be responsible for helping to shape the future of Goldfinch and to build the aligned and appropriate legal function required to execute the overall company strategy and objectives. S/he will be a member of the leadership team and will function as an advisor to the entire company and the Board of Directors.
- Functions as internal legal counsel regarding all general day-to-day corporate legal matters; manages legal matters handled by external counsel.
- Works collaboratively across a broad range of functions developing and maintaining effective working relationships between corporate counsel, intellectual property, finance, human resources, corporate development, and all company functions to facilitate a team-based approach to meeting short and long term objectives and ensuring overall compliance.
- Provides legal support regarding master service agreements, contracts and business development transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, and collaborations. This includes leadership and support of due diligence, transaction negotiation and drafting, ongoing post-closing legal support.
- Represents and/or provides oversight for Goldfinch’s interests in all legal matters with third parties including external suppliers, partners, vendors and collaborators.
- Creates a collaborative environment with the executive leadership team and with the board of directors to enhance cross-company unity and productivity.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets as appropriate.
- Ensures legal compliance including, but not limited to, supporting finance in all future SEC reporting requirements, such as, 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, regular SEC ownership filings
- Supports the research, development and commercial organizations and investor relations/public relations teams by providing legal oversight in all external communications.
- Partners with human resources as it pertains to compliance and employee relations matters.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited & respected law school.
- Massachusetts Bar membership preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in both a top tier law firm and in-house within life sciences, at a senior strategic level including significant responsibilities and demonstrated growth.
- Proven experience as senior legal counsel in high tech clinical and commercial environments with experience in biotech preferred.
- Experience with FDA and healthcare regulatory and compliance are essential.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and related procedures.
- Broad corporate legal experience, including domestic and international compliance requirements, privacy and information security, M&A, and corporate governance.
- Experience avoiding, managing, and/or resolving litigation and other disputes.
- Supportive of the Company values (pioneering and tenacious, collaborative and caring) to facilitate employees doing their best work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating with teams across wide-ranging disciplines to solve problems.
- Strong negotiating skills with related legal, financial and commercial issues.
- Proven business acumen, with the ability to advise and guide company leadership in a broad range of business and legal areas.
- Effectively builds and manages a function comprised of industry top talent.