Job Title: Vice President, Computational Sciences
Job Number: 29757
Location: Cambridge, MA
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer the SVP/Vice President of Computational Sciences will be a discovery focused role responsible for leading the Computational and Data Science function for a well capitalized, well positioned, RNA editing with programs headed to the clinic.
This company has completed a $90+ million series A round andwill be completing a large Series B round by early 2022. They have a direct path to the clinic with INDs planned for 2022.
- Areas of responsibility would include utilixing computational approaches for target selection, RNA design, designing algorithms and approaches that aill support target biology and drug development
- Lead, a team of 3-5 people support and mentor direct reports
- Provide scientific, technical and organizational leadership for the computational sciences group.
- Serve as company wide subject matter expert in areas of computational and data sciences.
- PhD in computational biology / bioinformatics or related field
- Strong track record of delivering computational tools that enhance and hasten target biology insights and drug design.
- Experience in RNA design (codon optimization, guide RNA, etc) a huge plus
- 10+ years of successful biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with respect to computational solutions to scientific problems and conclusions from complex data analysis