Job Title: Senior Scientist, Pulmonary Biology Pharmacology
Job Number: 22333
Location: Lexington, MA
Translate Bio is seeking an experienced Sr. Scientist to join our growing Translational Development team. The individual in this role will contribute to drug development efforts at Translate Bio, particularly focused on lung diseases with high unmet need. He/She will oversee IND-enabling in vivo pharmacology studies, prepare study reports, and represent pharmacology on drug discovery/development teams.
- Design and oversee the execution of pharmacology studies in various lung diseases by applying Translate Bio’s messenger RNA and lipid nanoparticle platform
- Develop and maintain relationships with CROs to manage externalized pharmacology studies
- Participate in evaluation and generation of disease models for pulmonary indications
- Represent Pharmacology and Translational Development on drug discovery and development teams
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ph.D. in molecular, cell/developmental, pharmacological sciences or similar with an experience in lung physiology and pulmonary disease, plus 5 – 7 years post degree experience in academic or industry setting.
- Experience performing in vivo pharmacology studies in animal models of pulmonary diseases, both genetic and induced.
- Experience in generating and characterizing genetically engineered animal models of disease. Colony management experience desired.
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment to advance programs to and through development.