Job Title: Senior Scientist, Pharmacology
Job Number: 30239
Location: Cambridge, MA
Korro Bio is looking for a Sr. Scientist in the Translational Pharmacology group. The successful candidate will contribute to drug discovery efforts in the following areas, liver, ophthalmology, and neurological diseases. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative bench scientist who will conduct experiments utilizing genetically engineered mouse models to advance discovery programs to IND. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional communication, effectively collaborate with colleagues across a highly matrixed environment, and be capable of presenting scientific results to project teams.
- Design, conduct and advise on pharmacology studies related to complex in vivo models focused on liver, ophthalmology, and neurological diseases.
- Conduct experiments and develop assays critical to understand in-vivo therapeutic activity, efficacy, and PK/PD properties.
- Executing ex vivo assays to investigate target engagement, mechanism of action and biomarkers by the following techniques: DNA/RNA extraction, qPCR, ELISA (MSD), and WB.
- Coordinate and manage studies remotely at CROs and external collaborators.
- Breeding and colony maintenance of transgenic mouse strains
- Documentation of assay development and in vivo study results.
- Mentor/manage junior associates and colleagues on best practices in the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology with 5-7 years of experience in industry setting or MS with 10+ years in industry setting.
- Prior experience designing and executing in vivo studies with murine and rat models a must.
- Ability to use animal models and a variety of high throughput tools including expression analysis, transcriptional profiling, AAV, in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry.
- Experience in Oligonucleotide based therapeutics or gene editing is a plus.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments, understand and implement applicable regulations around animal care/safety/handling desired.
- Highly motivated and ability to be flexible in case of changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with peers and management. Capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as GraphPad Prism, electronic lab notebooks, Microsoft Office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is required.