Job Title: Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Job Number: 29920
We are seeking a senior scientist focused on assay development. This role will design and develop molecular diagnostics assays utilizing our CRISPR-based technology. Efficiently design and execute experiments, perform appropriate statistical data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively both as presentations and QMS-compliant documentation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Innovate new chemistries for diagnostic applications from ideation to development
- Develop new assays using different clinical matrixes and agents
- Conduct proof of concept and feasibility of different workflows to develop and improve our CRISPR assays
- Run hands-on experiments and work closely with other members of the team to conduct experiments for sample processing, nucleic acid amplification and CRISPR detection.
- Conduct experimental design, data analysis using Excel, PRISM, JMP or similar, planning and execution of experiments to achieve company goals
- Responsible for ensuring the complete and accurate recording of all experiments and related reports and for maintaining the highest quality and integrity in our research.
- Summarize, present data in internal or external meetings, author reports, white papers etc…
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, safety and environmental standards within the laboratory Provide day-to-day guidance and support in the lab for Research Associates.
- Other duties as required
- PhD Degree in a relevant discipline (Infectious diseases, Molecular Biology, Molecular Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Post-graduate plus 3 or 5 years of industry experience and hands-on wet-lab and experimental design experience in the areas of molecular microbiology, virology (with focus on developing NAAT), or related field.
- Hands-on knowledge of molecular biology with an emphasis in nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, RT-qPCR, primer and guide RNA design and troubleshooting. Experience with isothermal amplification technologies is desired.
- Experience working in areas of infectious diseases, molecular biology, virology, bacteriology and working in a BSL2 environment is a plus.
- Ability for critical thinking and troubleshooting to solve technical challenges
- Delivered publications and/or patents in academic and/or industry settings.
- Excellent bench and data analysis skills.
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.