Job Title: Senior Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry
Job Number: 24449
Location: 100 Acorn Park Drive 6th Floor Cambridge, MA 02140
We are seeking a highly motivated bachelor’s or master’s level synthetic organic chemist to join our growing Medicinal Chemistry Team. The primary role of the position is to design, synthesize and purify novel target molecules. Key to success in role will be experience with modern synthetic strategies and purification / analytical techniques. An additional facet of the position includes working with Natural Product Chemistry Team on extraction of fungal metabolites.
- Utilize modern medicinal chemistry principles to design and synthesize small- and medium-sized molecules. Incorporate emerging program SAR into molecular designs.
- Purify and isolate molecules by flash chromatography, HPLC, and other methods. Confirm identities of synthesized molecules by NMR, MS, and other relevant techniques.
- Research current literature to formulate cutting-edge synthetic strategies.
- Assist Natural Product Chemistry Team with extraction of metabolites from fungal cultures as needed.
- Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a safe, productive, and collaborative laboratory environment.
- Prepare and present experimental results and plans in R&D meetings.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or closely related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience with strong record of conducting chemistry research as evidenced through publications and / or patent applications.
- Solid knowledge of current synthetic, separation, and analytical methods as well as of medicinal chemistry principles.
- Knowledge of good laboratory and safety practices.
- Excellent written, organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate progress effectively with colleagues and managers as well as to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- The successful candidate should be a quick learner, self-motivator, enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, and be motivated to develop and apply new technologies to advance projects efficiently.