Cogen Immune Medicine
Job Title: Senior/Research Associate, Immunology
Job Number: 22373
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate to work in the Immunology Discovery group. The Research Associate will assume a key role in developing and implementing novel immunological assays in support of Cogen proprietary therapeutics. Specifically, they will be developing immunological assays in both cell lines and primary cells for identification and prioritization of therapeutic targets for clinical development.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing creative and novel immunology based assays for solving complex biological problems, as well as a broad understanding of therapeutic drug discovery and its applications, related to treatment of immunological based diseases. The Research Associate will have strong interpersonal skills, be driven by making great products, and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in immunology, platform technology, computational biology, and protein engineering.
- Develop and validate immunological assays to measure modulation of immune cell functionality.
- Create novel / innovative methods to expand phenotypic characterization of immune cell biology.
- Plan and execute systematic assay optimization.
- Interpret data, troubleshoot experiments and present results.
- Culture of cell lines and primary human cells.
- Maintain and implement good laboratory practices, including accurate laboratory notebook systems, instrument and reagent validation, and personnel safety precautions.
- BS or MS in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a similar field
- > 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Proven ability to lead design of novel cellular assays, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications or published patents
- Working experience in flow cytometry a plus.
- In depth experience in developing assays utilizing primary human cells/tissues.
- A strong desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment