Job Title: Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Lyophilization Formulation
Job Number: 23219
Location: Lexington, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the Research and Process Development team as a Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist. The position will report to the Director of Delivery & Formulations group and will focus on developing lyophilized formulations and executing unique methods required for mRNA formulation characterization and stability testing.
- Support formulation development activities related to lyophilization formulation development
- Conduct studies to identify, execute, and evaluate mRNA formulations through stability studies and develop robust lyophilized formulations showing improved stability in refrigerated conditions.
- Assist in the formulation and product development activities that may include pre-formulation activities, buffer/excipient screening and selection, developing lyophilized or freeze stable formulations.
- Perform stability testing and characterization of routes of degradation of mRNA formulations in liquid and lyophilized formulations under accelerated temperature, refrigerated storage conditions and under different stresses in a variety of containers. Perform analytical assays as needed to assess stability of drug product formulations
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clear communication of scientific findings across interdisciplinary teams
- M.S. in Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 1 – 6 years of experience in lyophilization development and stability testing
- Hands-on experience of lyophilization process development and lyophilized products in different packaging systems. Prior experience in developing lyophilized nanoparticle formulation is preferred
- Extensive experience in stability studies and analytical assays for stability evaluation
- Works collaboratively within group as well as within interdisciplinary teams
- Manages time effectively demonstrating ability to perform multiple projects at one time
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.