Job Title: Senior RA/Scientist, Biomarker Development
Job Number: 24178
Location: Cambridge, MA
Goldfinch Bio seeks a highly motivated Senior Research Associate or Scientist with a strong background in biomarker technology to join our Biology department and contribute to building our pipeline for renal diseases. In this lab-based position, the successful candidate will focus on the development and analysis of novel clinical biomarkers for Goldfinch programs.
- Perform molecular and biochemical assays to measure biomarkers and enable data-driven decisions on program progression.
- Maintain cell culture models and perform cell-based assays to characterize novel biomarkers.
- Support assay development using new technologies.
- Run ex vivo experiments including tissue processing and target engagement analysis.
- Commit to helping the team achieve deliverables and meet aggressive timelines.
- MS or PhD in biology or related discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience preferably in CRO / bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with immunological, biochemical and molecular biology assays, including ELISA/MSD, protein quantification, western blotting and PCR-based techniques.
- Experience with assay development, including reagent development, assay protocol optimization, troubleshooting and statistical methods.
- Hands-on experience with human in vitro cellular techniques is required. Experience in kidney cell culture models would be advantageous.
- Experience with handling and processing biofluids (urine, serum, plasma).
- Experience with exosomes/extracellular vesicles is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team.