Job Title: Senior/Principal Scientist, Target Computational Biologist
Job Number: 31971
Location: , MA 02139
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Target Computational Biologist to join our Data Science team and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. This position reports to the Head of Data Science. The successful candidate will have a strong background in analysis of target prioritization, data analysis, data integration, and data visualization.
- Conducting analysis across multiple target-related datasets. Carry out statistical analysis of the data, and meta-analysis / integrative analysis across various datasets.
- Conducting data mining of public data resources (ClinVar, GEO, GWAS catalog) and commercial resources / consortia data (UK Biobank, Finngen). Preparation of a data pipeline for analysis / visualization.
- Collaborate with disease and portfolio team leads in regular target review programs.
- Building our understanding of target to pursue, as well as off-target analysis to help avoid unwanted side effects.
- Interact with multidisciplinary project teams as the target data science subject-matter expert. Devise target-centric solutions and apply findings to lead research efforts towards the right targets, and right oligos to engage these targets.
- Partnering with the software engineers in the DS and IT groups to create an environment for automated target review.
- Collaborate on project teams and clearly articulate to team members the target/biomarker rationale, how they will advance goals, and what stage they are at in the discovery process.
- PhD with thesis research in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Genomics, Statistics, or related fields
- 3+ years of postgraduate work experience in academic or biotech setting
- Proficiency in the use of data science related programming languages such as Python or R
- Expertise in computational / statistical analysis and integration of target-related data
- Familiarity with diverse databases and resources for target prioritization, disease characterization, and biomarker analysis (e.g. UK Biobank, FinnGen, ClinVar, GEO, SRA, Open Targets, etc.)
- Experience in bioinformatics/genomics pipelines use and implementation
- Ability to present concepts and data to varied audiences that help drive decision-making
- Excellent organizational skills, effective manager of tasks and projects
- Optional experience with / working knowledge of chemistry (in a drug discovery setting)
- Optional experience with ELN (such as Benchling), LIMS, or other related informatics platforms
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with regulatory submission requirements for preclinical and early clinical development.
- Gene therapy, gene editing, and/or oligonucleotide-related experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of drug metabolism, bioanalysis, pharmacokinetics, preclinical pharmacology, PK/PD modeling and clinical study designs.
- Ability to operate objectively and independently as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and communication skills to a variety of levels/teams- internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational, prioritization, and time management proficiencies.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.