Job Title: Senior Principal Scientist, Process Chemistry
Job Number: 31359
Location: Boulder, CO
We are looking for a process chemist to lead our scale-up efforts in the late discovery research and early development stage in our new laboratories in Boulder, CO.
What you will do:
- Develop scalable routes to key intermediates and APIs for pre-clinical bulk campaigns in our new laboratory.
- Use an EasyMax bench-scale reactor to scout routes and optimize reactions.
- Safely scale chemistry to a 5L reactor.
- Be responsible for technology transfer of developed routes for execution on larger scales at CROs.
- Collaborate with CMC team for transfer of chemistry to clinical manufacture scale.
- Work closely with the medicinal chemistry team to advise on safety, scalability, and robust route development starting during advanced analog synthesis as a project reaches candidate selection phase.
- Work with our CMC team on regulatory filing documentation.
What You Bring:
- PhD in Chemistry +3-5 years of medicinal chemistry experience preferred or MS/BS with 10+ years experience
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
- Strong technical and synthesis background
- A high level of independence
Colorado Based Employees:
- Base Salary Range $ 120,000-$150,000
- Bonus Target 10-15% of Base Salary