Stealth NewCo Gene Editing & Delivery
Job Title: Senior / Principal Scientist – In Vivo Biology
Job Number: 30739
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Sci.bio has partnered with an exceptionally well funded, gene-therapy stealth co aiming to unlock the full potential of gene therapy based on
a novel delivery platform coupled with proprietary CRISPR gene editing technology . This is not your average start-up and is founded by a prominent, world-class leadership team
and Board of Directors.
What makes us different? Over the last decade significant progress has been made in developing powerful technologies for genomic medicines. However, one major challenge for gene therapies remains: the effective and safe delivery of genetic information to patients. Our modular gene delivery platform, derived from the human genome, allows us to package and deliver therapeutic payloads safely into the human body. Together with compact CRISPR gene editors, our approach positions us to overcome these challenges and transform the way genomic medicines are developed and deployed.
We are founded by a world leader in CRISPR technologies, with a best in class Board of Directors, and funded by investors committed to our mission.
We are seeking energetic, motivated scientists to join our team in developing these new technologies and who are unwavering in their commitment to making an impact on patients’ lives. As an early member, you will help shape our scientific foundation and company culture.
This role will support our extensive drug discovery platform from early drug discovery through translational research. The role will be responsible for building and evaluating in vivo animal models/assays and conducting pharmacology as well as efficacy assays. The candidate will work together with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and mitigate any risks related to our gene delivery modalities in vivo. This role would report to the Director of Therapeutic Discovery and the right candidate would have the opportunity to build a team making direct impact to developing and validating our revolutionary gene delivery platform.
- Develop in vivo animal models and assays
- Conducting in vivo biology and ex vivo studies (e.g. tolerability, biodistribution) and delivering comprehensive in vivo data packages to support both early and late-stage drug discovery programs
- Identify critical in vivo pharmacology assay needs
- Guide our drug discovery efforts and leading innovation
- Executing candidate-specific approaches to address in vivo pharmacology challenges, with the ability to anticipate and mitigate potential challenges
- Ph.D. degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. molecular biology, immunology)
- Experience with in vitro and ex vivo assays for characterization of test articles via gene expression and protein quantification (flow cytometry, IHC, qPCR, inflammatory cytokine assessment)
- Expertise in rodent surgery, blood sampling, necropsy, tissue harvest, and downstream processing for analysis
- Experience in validating of test articles by various routes of administration (IV, IM, IC, IP)
- Experience using small animal imaging modalities (e.g., IVIS)
- Previous experience with multiplex protein quantification methods (e.g., Luminex, MSD, CBA) is a plus
- Previous experience with gene therapy drug discovery, with a program developed through the phase of candidate selection and IND, is desirable
- Knowledge on ethical animal handling, writing and following study and IACUC protocols
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Teamwork, initiative, and scientific independence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills IND-1
Our Stealth NewCo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. Valuing respect, curiosity and inclusivity is required.