Job Title: Senior/Principal Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology & Cell Biology
Job Number: 29868
Location: Boston, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced cell biologist to join the Odyssey team at our laboratories in Boston, MA. You will work as a member of an integrated project team to develop a high-throughput microfluidics screening platform for drug discovery. You will have expertise in cell biology, be highly experienced in flow cytometry, and have familiarity with cell sorting and microfluidics.
You will work in a cross-disciplinary, fast-moving environment, and will be drawing upon extensive experience driving drug discovery projects forward. You will possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, be a world-class thought partner, and have a proven record of developing science.
As a critical member of the Odyssey team, you will be a key voice in the evolution of Odyssey’s science and platform, offering opportunities to grow and make an impact. Odyssey prides itself as an organization with an exceptionally talented team with a broad range of skill bases. Together with your colleagues, you will help shape the Odyssey culture, strategic direction, and outcomes.
- Design, validate, and execute compound screening assays using in vitro cell culture models
- Develop protocols for high-throughput flow cytometry/FACS-based screening of cell lines
- Design and engineer cell lines for project-specific assays
- Independently design and execute laboratory experiments, conduct statistically supported data analysis, and deliver results in a timely manner to enable informed decision-making
- Publish and present research both internally and externally
- Doctoral degree in cell biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, or a related discipline, with 3+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or a Master’s degree with 10 years’ experience post training
- Expertise with in vitro study design and analysis, especially techniques for cell-based assays, small molecule screening, and flow cytometry/FACS
- Scientific rigor and skillful quantitative data generation and analysis
- Experience with liquid handling instruments and automation (e.g., Bravo and Tecan)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to scientifically challenge others in a constructive manner and demonstrate exceptional team working skills (e.g., approachable and collaborative)
- Record of innovative thinking to propose and champion new ideas and solve problems
- Record of accomplishment as demonstrated by a strong record of publications and presentations
- If you also have familiarity with microfluidics and experience in the oversight of in vitro pharmacology resources at third party CROs, you will have an immediate impact at Odyssey