Job Title: Senior/Principal Research Associate, Biochemistry
Job Number: 31200
Location: Watertown, MA
Exo Therapeutics seeks a highly motivated senior/principal research associate with a strong background in biochemistry assay development, implementation and contributing to a multidisciplinary team in drug discovery. This position will be an integral part of the biochemistry team and will help to support and drive Exo’s drug discovery programs. You will work across therapeutic functions with a primary focus in discovery and development of therapeutics in oncology, autoimmune and immuno-inflammation.
The Senior/Principal, Research Associate will be expected to contribute to and complement our existing technical expertise to enhance and accelerate research. This position will report into an experience senior scientist with years of industry experience. We are keen to identify someone who is a self-starter and proactive and who can work independently and effectively, both with the internal team and external collaborators. The candidate will also participate in the build-out and maintenance of our growing laboratory environment.
- Perform routine biochemical screening of compounds, e.g., IC50, in house or in collaboration with external partners.
- Communication and discussion of results with internal project teams, especially chemistry and biology.
- Develop novel screening assays for new projects and manage the assay transfer to external partners.
- Design and execute biochemical and biophysical experiments to support the mechanistic studies.
- Propose and implement new biochemical/biophysical techniques to assist the lead discovery activities.
- Management of laboratory equipment, including maintenance, vendor relations and service contracts.
- Document the lab activities in electronic lab notebook (ELN) by following the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and manage data registration to corporate database.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences-related field with a proven track-record of hands-on laboratory experience for 3+ years, or a Master’s degree with 1+ years of research experience, respectively.
- Strong hands-on experience on biochemical/biophysical assay development.
- Experienced in data analysis using GraphPad Prism, Excel or equivalent software.
- Proficiency in results presentation, data documentation, and scientific communication.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in cross-functional team setting.
- Prior experience working with CRO partners is preferred.
Desired technical competencies:
- Assay development experience and capabilities such as FP, TR-FRET, AlphaScreen, etc.
- Experience in mechanistic enzymology such as Ki, mode-of-inhibition, kinetics, etc.
Other complementary and transferable skills:
- Molecular biology, protein expression, purification, and characterization (for example: M/S, SEC, DLS, CD, SDS-PAGE, etc.
- Working knowledge of biophysical methods such as SPR, MST, ITC, DSF, etc.
All fully qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the US at the time of application will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, as protected under law.