Job Title: Senior Director, Patient Access & Reimbursement Strategy
Job Number: 21948
Location: Boston, MA
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of MorphoSys US Inc. as we prepare for growth, build a commercial team, and launch our first oncology product. If you are someone with a passion for patient access who also wants to on the ground floor of a growing biopharmaceutical company, this is the job for you!
The Senior Director, Patient Access & Reimbursement Strategy is responsible for the development patient access and reimbursement approaches that ensure that MorphoSys products are adequately reimbursed by payers (government and commercial) in the US.
The Senior Director, Patient Access & Reimbursement Strategy is an expert in HCPCS, CPT, and ICD-10-CM coding and medical benefit product reimbursement and will interact with / prepare MorphoSys submissions to federal government agencies that are necessary to secure appropriate reimbursement. The Senior Director, Patient Access & Reimbursement Strategy will also review all relevant healthcare legislation and rules to determine their impact on MorphoSys in the area of oncology and will coordinate with Director, Public Policy and Advocacy to develop MorphoSys policy positions on patient access and reimbursement issues and to shape our trade group positions.
The Senior Director, Patient Access & Reimbursement Strategy will design the MorphoSys approach to ensuring product access to patients, including developing the patient assistance program, commercial patient cost-sharing support program, and any other patient support activities to conducted via the company’s contracted patient support center.
This position reports to, and works closely with, the Senior Vice President, Market Access & Policy to advance our company’s culture of patient-centricity and to build internal capabilities that support the vision of category leadership for MorphoSys.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the development, direction, objectives, measurement and accountability of patient access and reimbursement strategies and tactics to support MorphoSys product launches in the US.
- Define the patient access and reimbursement strategy at MorphoSys to help ensure appropriate patient access to therapies; design and build patient support programs with outside vendor and other service providers in support of this strategy.
- Provide leadership oversight and management for the effective functioning of the PSP by establishing and monitoring program goals and key performance indicators.
- Build and lead appropriate and compliant strategies addressing patient-level barriers to product access.
- Lead innovation and drive program enhancements that will optimize appropriate patient access to therapies by identifying emerging opportunities, including technological innovations.
- Ensure effective and compliant implementation of all aspects of the PSP and maintain a rigorous audit plan of program operations.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of patient access, patient support, and reimbursement.
- Secure appropriate coding for MorphoSys products.
- Analyze the market for oncology products in terms of coverage, patient access, and reimbursement issues impacting MorphoSys products, existing and emerging payer policies, competitive reimbursement landscape, trends, pricing, contracting strategies, and potential barriers to provider and patient access.
- Monitor the evolution of CMS and other payer coding, coverage, and reimbursement policies at a macro level in the US that could impact the MorphoSys portfolio and monitor / assess payer reimbursement decisions.
- Work cross-functionally in identifying health economics data required to support the creation of a product value proposition that will be compelling to a variety of stakeholders (including commercial payers, government payers and regulators, emerging players in the risk-bearing provider space).
- Contribute to functional objectives as a member of the Access & Policy Leadership Team.
- Work closely with the Director, Public Policy & Advocacy in order to understand the legislative/policy (current and future) impact on current and future products.
- Ensure strong and effective business relationships with key internal functions.
- Be responsible for the general management of a budget, SOWs, and vendor relationships.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Fluent English language skills required.
- Minimum of 12 years of pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience required in market access, reimbursement, or related functions.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in oncology reimbursement for medical benefit products required with a significant focus on interacting with CMS and other government / commercial payers.
- Experience building or managing a patient support center for an oncology physician-administered product required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, to anticipate needs from leadership and other stakeholders, and to balance multiple and often diverse priorities in order to align on a strategic and appropriate plan.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills and be able to present complex and technical ideas and concepts both verbally and written to multiple stakeholder audiences.
- Must have proficiency with Outlook calendar, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, and a general facility for information technology and for learning new software.
- Normal and routine office duties required.
- Will need to travel domestically and internationally in support of objectives. Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 35-40% of time.
- Boston, MA or field based