Job Title: Senior Director, In Vivo Pharmacology
Job Number: 31121
Location: Watertown, MA
Exo Therapeutics seeks a strong leader to oversee our in vivo pharmacology efforts and provide strategic and technical expertise for Exo’s research portfolio. You will be an integral part of the drug discovery team, working cross functionally to drive cutting-edge research for oncology. You will be responsible for making decisions, define strategy but also be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and contributing hands-on with the team. You will have the opportunity to drive the design and execution of experiments with key collaborators and outside contract organizations and have highly visible opportunities to interface with all levels of our organization to deliver scientific excellence, as we expand the boundaries of research for patients.
- Provide strategic leadership, design, implement and execute in vivo pharmacology strategy to understand preclinically the relationships between exposure and responses.
- Oversee identification and validation of biological contexts in vivo that create a dependency of drug targets to aid indication/ context prioritization for preclinical studies and clinical development
- Provide standardization of in vivo pharmacology study designs, QC and data analysis and communication to drug discovery
- Develop program specific in vivo pharmacology strategies that integrate preclinical research findings
- Serve as pharmacology lead (directly and/or indirectly) for multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, data-driven biotech environment
- As a member of the drug discovery team directly interact with clinical teams to select disease indications and combination strategies for oncology targets
- Recognize and resolve technical and scientific issues from external partners, interface with external collaborators and CROs for project relevant disease models and ensure high quality data from both internal and externals partners that adhere the defined timelines
- Collaborate with clinical teams and discovery biology to define biomarker assays that assess drug pharmacodynamics and allow testing of preclinical response hypotheses enabling a differentiating path for drug development
- Manage relationships with external KOLs
- Ph.D. with 10+ years of experience in pharmacology in biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading in vivo pharmacology efforts on project teams at various stages of drug discovery
- Strong understanding of cancer cell signaling pathways and experience with PK/PD/efficacy studies to validate disease indications
- A strong track record of success in delivering clinical candidates
- Experience with small molecule drug development and IND submissions
- Experience with selection and development of in vivo disease models
- Ability to successfully participate in a highly creative and enthusiastic start-up environment
All fully qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the US at the time of application will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, as protected under law.