Job Title: Senior Director/Executive Director, Program Management
Job Number: 23204
Location: Lexington, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join our team as Senior Director/Executive Director of Program Management. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Program Management.
- Individual will be accountable for successfully leading internal programs and collaborations from pre-clinical through clinical development via multidisciplinary, cross functional teams.
- Candidate will help develop, guide and lead an optimized strategy to maximize the value for each assigned program(s) aligned with Translate Bio’s corporate objectives. This includes, but not limited to, developing various option analyses, risk/benefit scenarios, cost analysis etc. to drive program(s) success and enable robust, efficient decisions.
- Individual will ensure the appropriate identification of opportunities, risk mitigation, effective communication and efficient execution while driving an aligned view of the program(s) and provide team recommendations regarding continued investments.
- This role will report to the VP of Program Management and assist with the continued optimization of the PM operating model to support organizational growth and future collaborations.
- This is a highly visible leadership role within Translate Bio that requires exceptional interpersonal skills, creative thinking within a wider program context and the ability to recognize opportunities/challenges and modify strategy accordingly.
- Candidate will have a minimum of 10 years direct experience in a biotechnology organization and a proven ability to lead cross functionally at all organizational levels coupled with the ability to optimize operational efficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness and ability to manage senior level team dynamics. Displays a high degree of integrity, enthusiasm and operates from a frame work of possibility.
- Proven success with handling multiple programs coupled with expert knowledge of the operational aspects of drug development.
- Must be creative, energetic, adaptable, with high EQ and naturally motivated by being a leader within an innovator environment.
- Individual is driven by a sense of urgency to develop therapies for patients with significant unmet medical needs.
- BS/MS/PhD in scientific discipline and/or MBA with a minimum of 10 years of direct program management success.
- Ideal candidate will have proven accomplishments within the pulmonary space.
- PMP certification preferred but is not required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Expert knowledge with all aspects of MS Office including Visio, MS Project and other tools to drive effective communications, planning, option analysis etc.
- Domestic and occasional international travel may be required.
- Only candidates with demonstrated experience as described in the role summary will be considered.
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.