Job Title: Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Biologist
Job Number: 31182
Location: North Cambridge, MA 02139
The Payload Team in Cambridge is seeking a Senior Research Associate. The candidate will work on translational biology-focused projects under the Principal Scientist's direction to create high-quality in-vitro to in-vivo data for our Research and Development efforts. The candidate will work closely with the Discovery and RBCEV platform groups to align needs and optimal non-viral vector design choices.
- Establish, develop, apply existing protocols, and coordinate invitro and in-vivo assays to screen and evaluate novel payload designs and choices.
- Contribute and lead small animal study designs and execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Participate in presentations, reports, patent filings, and external communications
- Support the continued creation and expansion of the Company's intellectual property
- A scientist with a B.S. or M.S. in Mol- or Cell Biology or a related scientific discipline and 2-5 years of experience in small animal handling and studies.
- Experience in the following would be an asset: Molecular biology, Immunology, Vectorology
- Knowledge of gene therapy/nucleic acid delivery/extracellular vesicles is an advantage
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution-focused with a strong work ethic, and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment