Job Title: Senior Analytical Chemist
Job Number: 31699
Location: Marlborough, MA
Lead laboratory analysis of biochemical food composition and contribute to the company’s work in creating a platform to differentiate food quality. We are looking for someone bridges the world between analytical chemistry and food composition analysis. You will lead lab management and work closely with the other functional groups. You ideally have experience in the food science, pharmaceutical, and/or biotechnology sector and are mission-driven, looking to make the world a better place!
- Leading laboratory management, data collection, and analysis including use and maintenance of the laboratory instruments (GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP, Raman & infrared).
- Method development, validation, and deployment for analysis of food elements and compounds including structure elucidation of unknown analytes through multi-platform analytic approaches.
- Prepare analysis reports on food composition analysis generated from lab equipment using analytical techniques and statistical methods.
- Development and transferring of analytical methods for new analysis technologies as well as data translation and contribution to commercialization efforts of new portable instruments.
- Improving the lab’s capabilities for high-throughput analysis.
- Managing harmonization of methodologies with partner laboratories to ensure accurate and repeatable measurements and pursue accreditation of our laboratory.
- BSc with 10+ years' experience OR PhD science degree with 3+ years’ in an industrial setting with specifics for food and biochemical analysis.
- Significant lab-based experience including familiarity with GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP, and/or Raman and corresponding analytical methods as well as proper QA/QC knowledge and practice.
- Expert understanding of analytical techniques, analytical troubleshooting, method development, and lab equipment.
- Experimental design and statistical analysis knowledge as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to find, analyze, interpret, and critique data quickly and accurately, including ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects.
- Experience with ISO or GMP is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to present technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Familiarity and diligent with data and protocol organization including documentation and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Enthusiasm, gumption, and grit with experience working and managing teams.