Job Title: Scientist, Structural Biology & Crystallography
Job Number: 22847
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Structural Biology group to structurally characterize novel compounds that target undruggable proteins. The candidate should be a team player with a broad knowledge of protein biochemistry and deep experience in X-Ray crystallography, a passion for scientific research as applied to drug discovery and development, and be eager to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Crystallization and structure determination of protein-ligand complexes
- Expression and purification of recombinant target proteins
- Detailed analysis of protein-ligand structures, and interpretation / integration with accompanying biochemical and biophysical data
- PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, structural biology, or related field
- 1 to 3 years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience with all aspects of protein crystallography, including crystallization, data collection, and structure determination.
- Experience with Mosquito or Art Robbins robotics is a plus.
- Aptitude with detailed structural analyses and integration of structural observations with biochemical and biophysical data
- Strong communication skills, particularly the visual presentation of structural data
- Extensive experience with protein expression and purification. Experience with insect cell expression is a plus.
- Familiarity with in vitro biochemical methods, particularly ligand-binding assays (e.g. pulldowns, SPR/Biacore, FP, FRET, ITC, etc), or other structural biology techniques (such as CryoEM, SAXS, or MicroED)
- Independence, initiative, focus, willingness to take on responsibility and continually pursue self-improvement
- Ability to work in a team, communicate, and give/receive constructive feedback
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and documentation skills