Job Title: Senior/Principal Scientist Platform Innovation
Job Number: 31113
Location: Cambridge, MA,
Carmine’s Discovery team in Cambridge is looking for an innovative and motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our exciting journey to develop the next generation of gene therapy. This individual will have broad responsibilities to lead platform innovation projects and contribute to cross-function research and development activities. This individual will drive key optimization efforts to advance our novel gene therapy system and develop targeted delivery to affected tissues in patients.
- Develop next-generation processes to produce RBCEV gene therapy through designing and executing innovative and systemic optimizations.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute studies to evaluate novel gene therapy candidates for multiple disease indications.
- Design, optimize, and carry out a broad range of assays including cell-based assays, flow cytometry, fluorescent imaging, ELISA, and other molecular or immunoassays.
- Analyze, interpret, and document data using appropriate programs (e.g., FlowJo and Prism) and present findings at group and company meetings.
- Manage and train research associates to execute experiments and analyze data.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Support the continued creation and expansion of the company’s intellectual property.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, pharmacology, molecular biology, or related field with relevant industry or academic experience and a strong track record of publication.
- Exceptional candidates with BS/MS and 4+ years of relevant experience may also be considered.
- First-hand experience and a deep understanding of molecular and cell biology methods covering a broad range of research techniques are required.
- Knowledge of gene therapy/nucleic acid delivery/process development/extracellular vesicles is a strong plus.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Develop effective and efficient working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Team-oriented, highly motivated, execution-focused with a strong work ethic, the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment.