Job Title: Scientist/Senior Scientist, In Vivo Sciences
Job Number: 31114
Location: Cambridge, MA,
Carmine’s Discovery team in Cambridge is looking for a Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our exciting journey to develop the next generation of gene therapy. This individual will have broad responsibilities to lead discovery projects and support research needs within the organization. This individual will be a key driver of our preclinical in vivo studies and external collaborations.
- Lead in vivo studies to evaluate the expression of therapeutic proteins, PK/PD, and immune responses of gene therapy prototypes and preclinical drug candidates.
- Contribute to the design, execution, and analysis of in vivo and in vitro experiments.
- Mentor and lead research associates to accomplish research goals.
- Develop and manage relationships with external collaborators and Contract Research Organizations.
- Present research findings at group meetings, company-wide presentations, and external meetings.
- Manage IACUC protocols, oversee the update and maintenance of accurate, comprehensive electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Support the continued creation and expansion of the company’s intellectual property
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Ph.D. in Biology, or a related field with relevant industry or academic experience and a strong publication record.
- Exceptional candidates with BS/MS and 4+ years of relevant experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated hands-on competencies in designing and executing in vivo experiments are required.
- Proficiency with animal handling and various routes of administration (IV, IP, SC) and blood collection is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of gene therapy/nucleic acid delivery/extracellular vesicles is an advantage.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Develop effective and efficient working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Team-oriented, highly motivated, execution-focused with a strong work ethic, the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment.