Job Title: Scientist, Proteomics & Mass Spectrometry
Job Number: 24212
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Ph.D. scientist to join our Discovery Bioscience group in characterizing and developing novel CPMP-based therapeutics for cancer and other diseases with unmet medical needs. She/he should be a highly motivated, creative scientist with extensive expertise in cell biology, proteomics, and mass spectrometry.
- Independently design, develop and perform relevant assays and biological experiments to interrogate the function and cellular tracking of our proprietary CPMPs.
- Design and execute experiments independently; accurately record, analyze, and present data to team and company leadership.
- Collaborate across functional teams to efficiently drive therapeutics to the clinic.
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, be versed with current literature, and implement new methods into the mass spectrometry assay/analytical pipeline as necessary.
- Maintain liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Ph.D. in biology, chemical biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or related field.
- >1 year of industry or postdoctoral experience required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and proteomics sample preparation / data analysis for mass spectrometry-based experiments.
- Expertise in the application and maintenance of LC-MS/MS instrumentation.
- Experience with pull-down, immunoprecipitation, and chemical biology techniques such as photoaffinity labeling to assess drug target engagement selectivity a plus.
- Demonstrated success and creativity as evidenced by a strong record of scientific accomplishment.
- Experience with automated liquid handlers for high-throughput sample preparation a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- A sense of adventure and excitement to build a new drug discovery paradigm and work in a highly dynamic team environment.