Job Title: Scientist, Formulation Development (LNPs)
Job Number: 23361
Location: Cambridge, MA 02139
Oncorus is seeking a highly motivated and skilled candidate for the role of Scientist for our formulation team. This candidate will focus on developing robust, scalable processes for the formulation/encapsulation of oligonucleotides, along with carrying out biophysical characterization of lipid nanoparticles (LNPs), for our synthetic virus program. The candidate will have an opportunity to get in on the ground level and grow significantly with the program. An ideal candidate will have significant experience in the formulation of LNPs and a proven track record of leading development projects with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for the day to day development and performance of process scale-up and technology transfer of multiple unit operations (i.e., Assembly, TFF purification, sterile filtration, etc.) to external CMOs.
- Design, create and characterize LNP formulations for delivery of oligonucleotide.
- Contribute to internal R&D efforts in collaborate with molecular biology and pharmacology group for production and testing of formulations.
- Effectively communicate development activities with internal groups and external partners.
- Work collaboratively both internally and externally to accomplish program goals and meet project timelines.
- Provide technical input to support regulatory filings.
- Author and manage protocols, laboratory data, and technical reports.
- B.S. degree with 8+ years, M.S. degree with 6+ years, or Ph.D. with 0-2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing particle-based drug delivery systems is required.
- Experience with process development and scale-up of LNP formulation with oligonucleotides preferred.
- Prior experience with frozen or lyophilized particle-based drug products desirable.
- Prior experience with array of analytical techniques to characterize LNP (i.e. DLS, Ribogreen/Picogreen fluorescent assays, CE, ELISA, U/HPLC, etc).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Common sense.