Job Title: Investment Associate
Job Number: 31352
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hanwha Impact Partners seeks to recruit a senior associate or a manager level teammate of
Strategy & Planning Team focusing on Life Science/Biotech Investment. The successful
candidate will be a key member of the firm’s US investment team and will work as a team member
reporting to team leader of Strategy & Planning team in pursuing groundbreaking life science
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
Evaluation, prioritization of new opportunities
• Actively involved in investment execution, including due diligence, deal structuring, Term
sheet negotiation, and deal closing
• Supporting team leader related to all internal facing functions required for investment
execution, including deal memo preparations and presentations to the Investment
Review Committee, and working with internal Hanwha Impact Partners’ legal and
finance teams and external consultants to complete the transaction
Post-investment Support for Portfolio Management
• Supporting ongoing management and monitoring of both the financial and operational
aspects of portfolio investments and regular reporting
• Working with the COO and CFO of the company to formulate strategic initiatives to
enhance growth and/or drive operational improvements
• Supporting CEO, COO, and/or team leader related to collaborating with portfolio
company management teams, and other investors to implement systems for
performance measurement; working with portfolio company management organizations
to monitor performance and ensure the tactics, including M&A and key growth initiatives
underlying the strategic plan, are being implemented
• Analyzing collaboration, L/I, L/O, exit opportunities of portfolio companies, and
supporting team leader related to executing exit opportunities (with the help of external
The successful candidate will likely be an investor from a cross-over, venture capital, hedge
fund, growth, or private equity fund and/or bio business expert with a focus upon the life
sciences/medical sectors such as CRISPR 3.0., iPSC, Cell/Gene therapy, Bio AI/ML. The
candidate will be well versed and have proven experience in the fundamentals of conducting
extensive diligence in recommending and investing in life sciences companies.
In addition to the requisite investment and domain experience, the candidate must have a
history of success throughout their life including business, academia, and other pursuits.
Additionally, it is essential that the candidate has demonstrated the ability to initiate and
cultivate meaningful relationships within the investment, academic and entrepreneurial
communities. To do so, the successful candidate must bring the requisite credibility,
interpersonal and negotiating skills and the commercial strategic insight to formulate and
support the highest quality investment recommendations. Cultural fit within the team is an
More specifically, the ideal candidate will evidence the following technical competencies and
• Minimum of 5-10 years of direct investing and/or business development (clinical trials, drug
development experience can be a plus) at a top-tier investment/life science focused organization.
• Academic achievement (PhD/MD desired, but not required) in the life sciences field.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships that earn the respect and trust of others.
• A pattern of excellence, both personally and professionally, demonstrated by the individual’s
education, career track record, intellect, and professional reputation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact
effectively with company founders and management teams.
• Intellectual agility, curiosity, discipline, resourcefulness, a sense of duty, and resilience.
• Open-mindedness to diverse cultures.
Hanwha Impact Partners HQ is located in San Francisco CA. Candidates living in bay area or
having intention to relocate strongly preferred (relocation support negotiable)