Job Title: Sales Forecasting Analyst
Job Number: 24806
Growing life sciences company is in need of a contractor to formalize its sales forecasting process for its US business and three subsidiaries. This is a 2 to 3 month engagement.
The client needs a contractor to define a standard sales forecasting process, build a tool in Microsoft Excel that can be used across multiple sales entities, and satisfy short term sales forecasting needs.
The model needs to be flexible and staff needs to be trained in its functionality. In the longer term, this tool process may be transferred to our internal ERP, SAP S4 HANA, system, so the methodology needs to be robust and well documented.
Knows sales analytics and/or sales forecasting. Experience with developing complex financial models which can be transferred to end users and maintained by the internal finance organization is a must.
Outline of the forecasting project:
- Interact with US and International Sales teams to determine their sales process and timing of revenue recognition.
- Work with Finance to understand revenue recognition policies.
- Develop a requirements document and propose a methodology to the senior sales and finance leadership teams.
- Create, formalize, and document a sales forecasting process.
- Assure alignment between the following functions:
- US Int’l selling
- Sales Operation Planning
- Finance, specifically Financial Planning and Analysis