Job Title: Research Technician in Computational Biology
Job Number: 73903
Location: Nashville, US
Join our team as a Computational Biology Research Technician at the dynamic [Please click the Apply button for the link or email], at Vanderbilt University where you will provide vital support in both computational research and lab management. The primary role involves advancing our research projects through computation, with a secondary focus on the smooth operation of our innovative laboratory.
About the Work Unit:
At the Neuert lab, we are breaking new ground in understanding cellular signal transduction and gene regulation. Our pioneering work spans yeast genetics, mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, and computational biology, leveraging state-of-the-art technology in single-cell analysis and next-generation sequencing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research and Development Support
- Data Management: Enhance and develop data analysis tools using Matlab and Python.
- Sample Preparation: Innovate and refine sample preparation processes and independently generate and document experimental data.
- Research Collaboration: Actively contribute to collaborative research efforts, both within and outside the lab.
- Progress Review: Proactively participate in weekly meetings to discuss and evaluate research progress.
- Infrastructure Management: Oversee updates to lab protocols and computing systems.
- Equipment Oversight: Ensure consistent functionality and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies.
- Procurement Negotiation: Secure competitive pricing for lab essentials and services.
Website and Administrative Management
- Website Updates: Maintain an up-to-date web presence for the lab.
- Administrative Support: Manage the lab calendar and assist with ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or scientific field.
- Experience: Background in computational biology, coding skills in Matlab and/or Python, wet lab experience.
- Communication: Strong communication skills for effective teamwork.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to perform varied tasks and an eagerness to learn new techniques.
Application Deadline: 2024-03-10