Job Title: Research Technician II – Preall Lab
Job Number: 60050
Location: Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, US
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is currently seeking an experienced and motivated research technician to work in the Single Cell Biology core facility. The core collaborates with CSHL and other regional investigators to design, execute, and interpret single-cell and spatial genomics experiments, as well as develop custom sequencing technologies for projects with special needs.
• Developing protocols for tissue dissociation and single-cell suspension, bulk and single-cell FACS sorting, and spatially resolved in situ gene expression analysis.
• Developing and optimizing protocols for a variety of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) methods, especially related to single-cell RNA, ATAC- and other sequencing varieties.
• Working with institutional scientists on collaborative projects with well-defined timelines and deliverables
• Basic lab organization and maintenance
• Participation in design, analysis, and presentation of experiments
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned biomedical research institution in New York. It has shaped contemporary biomedical research and is the home of eight Nobel Prize laureates. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory provides a highly dynamic and interactive research environment and also a unique opportunity of timely exposure to advances in various biomedical research fields and of interaction with a broad range of researchers from all over the world through its renowned Meetings and Courses program.
We believe that science is for everyone. Our laboratory offers a collaborative and dynamic research environment and we prioritize increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in science. Individuals from non-traditional and/or under-represented background are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree required at minimum, 2+ years experience in a laboratory setting preferred
• Candidates with a Master’s degree in a relevant science-related field are strongly encouraged
• Strong molecular biology skills, including handling and analysis of DNA/RNA, PCR, qRT-PCR, and NGS library preparation required.
• Candidate must be independent, creative, persistent, and thorough, with an enthusiasm for developing new and challenging protocols and techniques.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills a must.
• Preference for applicants with familiarity in advanced concepts, including: flow cytometry, microscopy, histology, microfluidics, bioengineering, or computer science.
Our employees are compensated in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional health benefits, discounted onsite Bright Horizons childcare, retirement plans, time off, and a range of recognition and wellness programs. Visit our CSHL Benefits site to learn more.
We strongly recommend to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 however; it is not a requirement for employment.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Application Deadline: 2024-01-24