Job Title: Research Technician II-III
Job Number: 59609
Location: Seattle, US
The [Please click the Apply button for the link or email] at BRI provides cutting edge technologies, including Illumina Next Generation Sequencing and 10x Genomics single cell analyses, to study gene expression, proteomics, and epigenetics in single cells and bulk populations. The laboratory works collaboratively with investigators at BRI and at a number of external sites to further a wide variety of studies of autoimmune disease, allergy and asthma, and infectious disease and offers the chance to make a real impact in understanding the immune system and its role in health and disease.
This position performs investigative work for research projects, including performing experimental procedures and operating specialized and highly technical laboratory equipment. This is a highly collaborative position in a team environment.
- Initiating and conducting complex experimental protocols.
- Operating a variety of laboratory instruments such as Next Generation Sequencers, robotic liquid handlers, and high throughput instruments.
- Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, and stocks.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory records in a literate and thorough manner.
- Communicating with investigators to report results.
- Conferring with other scientific personnel, attending seminars and technical meetings.
- Conducting literature searches and reading literature applicable to research area.
- Requires a BA/BS in a scientific field and a minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible work experience in a scientific research laboratory.
- Must have strong mathematical, computer, and data analysis skills.
- Will also need knowledge of proper operation of complex laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Successful completion and documentation of experiments involving RNA/DNA manipulation required.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (RNA-seq) and high throughput sample handling preferred.
- Research Tech II – $51,070 to $75,070 per year
- Research Tech III – $59,710 to $90,160 per year
- Medical, dental, vision hardware insurance
- Flexible spending accounts: health care, dependent care, commuter
- Short and long-term disability and life and AD&D insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with matching funds after one year of employment
- PTO: 13 holidays, three weeks of vacation and two weeks of sick leave per year
- Employee assistance program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Subsidized bus pass
- Subsidized YMCA membership
- Voluntary benefits, e.g., pet insurance, accident, critical illness, identify theft
- See benaroyaresearch.org for benefit details
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (BRI) has a bold mission: Predict, prevent, reverse and cure immune system diseases, from autoimmune disease to cancer to COVID-19. We examine the immune system in both health and disease to understand how disorders start and how to rebalance the immune system back to health. Equipped with innovative tools and robust biorepositories, our team chips away at the biggest mysteries behind these conditions to work toward our vision of a healthy immune system for all. As an independent non-profit organization within Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, we collaborate with clinicians to accelerate the path from innovative lab discoveries to life-changing patient care.
At BRI, each role is valued and an important contributor to the vision and mission. BRI is committed to a safe, caring and diverse workplace; as well as to taking action to further our commitments to foster inclusion, equity and belonging so employees feel comfortable bringing their full selves to work. Consider making a difference, join our team. Because together, we are Powering Possibility.
Visit BenaroyaResearch.org or follow BRI’s Autoimmune Life Blog, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 206-287-5646 or email [Please click the Apply button for the link or email].
Application Deadline: 2023-10-16