Job Title: Research Scientist Position – Wang Lab
Job Number: 55661
Location: San Antonio, US
Research scientist positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Lu Wang in the Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, Department of Biochemistry and Structural Biology at UT Health San Antonio. We are investigating epigenetic regulation in aging and age-related diseases, with a focus on understanding the regulation of three-dimensional genome organization, DNA and histone modifications. We employ state-of-art techniques in biochemistry, molecular biology, multi-omics technologies, and genetically engineered mouse models. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative research environment with state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We offer highly competitive salary and benefits for this position, along with access to outstanding scientific resources and unique opportunities to interact with other experts at UT Health San Antonio.
San Antonio is one of the fastest growing cities. UT Health San Antonio is the largest university of health science in South Texas and one of four medical schools in the UT System. The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies is a leading institute in aging research. The affiliated Mays Cancer Center is one of the NCI-designated national cancer centers in the state of Texas. UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.
Role of Research Scientist
As a research scientist, you will be responsible for planning, designing, monitoring, coordinating, and performing research projects. You will also be responsible for analyzing data and producing scientific content for research publications.
- Developing, designing, and executing large and complex research projects.
- Reviewing progress, analyzing data and evaluating results.
- Formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality.
- Identifying potential problems and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Consulting with lab members to refine or adapt methodologies to fit research requirements.
- Collaborating in development of new techniques.
- Organizing and maintaining the laboratory and research activities
- Maintains documentation and storage of biomaterials and data.
- Co-authoring/authoring scientific publications and presenting research findings at meetings and conferences.
- Participating in acquiring research funding, including writing grant proposals.
- Managing and reviewing study protocols, statistical analysis and study reports.
- Performing all other duties as assigned by the supervisor or principal investigator.
Master’s degree in a related field is required. Doctorate degree is preferred. A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required. Candidates with prior experience in mouse work, molecular biology, cell biology or related areas will be given preference.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV, cover letter and the contact information of at least two references to Dr. Lu Wang (Please click the “Apply” button for the email address).
Application Deadline: 2023-10-25